The Front Project is excited to announce we are working with the Victorian Department of Education and Training and the Australian Catholic University to offer this exceptional opportunity for diploma qualified educators to become Early Childhood Teachers.
This second round offer of the Innovative Initial Teacher Education (ITE) degree at ACU is an exceptional opportunity for educators to become qualified ECT’s, with the Victorian Government paying university course fees, in an accelerated 18-month course.
The opportunity provides educators with the financial, in-service, and mentoring supports needed to graduate and step into an ECT role with confidence. Applications are now open until May 27th with students graduating by the end of next year – as a degree qualified teacher.
Places are limited and only available via the Front Project.
Key Features of the Innovative ITE degree:
- ACECQA approved pathway for students with a Diploma
- Nationally recognised bachelor's degree
- 18-month accelerated course with transition and mentoring support
- University tuition fees covered by the Victorian Government
- Employers are reimbursed per hour for student’s professional practice backfill
- Student is allowed one professional practice in their own service *
- Limited opportunity and limited intakes
- Free access to the Upskill Program study supports and resources
- Curated professional development through ECA and access to further supports after graduation for transition into a teaching role
- Once-off funding for personal technology support
*Students on professional practice cannot be counted in ratio
- Australian Citizen
- Live & work within Victoria
- Completed an ACECQA approved Diploma in Early Childhood in the past 10 years*
- Work on the floor in an ECEC service
- Be ready to study full time for 18 months
- Ready to begin in June 2022
- Comfortable with technology and intensive study
Students approved for the Innovative ITE degree will receive free access to the Front Project’s Upskill Program, a mixed mentoring, resources, and peer-to-peer support program that helps university students confidently navigate the key milestones of undertaking early childhood teaching qualifications through to completing their degree.
For more information, please go directly to the application page here https://www.thefrontproject.org.au/initiatives/acu-ite-degree.